- Burning Issues Bibliography of Scientific papers. update March 21,2003
- An Annotated Bibliography on Acute Respiratory Infections and Indoor Air Pollution with Emphasis on Children Under 5 in Developing Countries.
- MEDICAL ABSTRACTS. The FREE PUBMED SITE , search for " wood smoke". It will give you a current ten page list of abstracts. It is being updated as new reports come out.
- Consumer Information: Glossary of Air Pollution Terms: California Air Resources Board
- The American Lung Association has published an annotated
recent studies of the health effects of air pollution. The bibliography summarizes several dozen studies published from mid-2001 to mid-2002 in peer-reviewed journals. The new studies link air pollution with lung cancer, heart attacks, strokes, high blood pressure, congenital heart defects, asthma, and even brain damage. They identify diabetics,
asthma patients, those with congestive heart failure, and children who play outdoors as being at increased risk. The recent research elucidates several pathways to explain the effects of air pollution on the cardiovascular system. The bibliography is available as a PDF file download (276 K)
- American Lung Association Review of Recent 2001 Research on Health Effects PDF (92K)
© 2007 Clean Air Revival Home page at http://BurningIssues.org